Reports too: Company President
Interior Designer duties necessary to support the Company, Rusch Design Build, in the development and construction of renovations.
A highly qualified, experienced residential designer who will lead, grow, motivate, and advance our design department as industry leaders. You will actively manage the delivery of high-end
residential custom design-build projects. Your team deliverables shall be to fulfill the clients’ design needs by applying good architectural and organizational principles. You will
provide design, creative, and management support to our project team, by developing all working drawings and written documentation necessary to execute contracts and manage projects to
completion. The success of the project and satisfaction of the design-build team rely critically on your attention to detail and ability to exceed expectations.
Summary of Position:
Be part of an award-winning team, as we transform our clients’ dilemmas into life changing solutions!
Duties and responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the quality of all design solutions from the design department, while providing constructive feedback and be your team and our clients “Trusted Advisor”
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Construction teams to design great solutions for our clients. You will apply good design principles within the constraints of a reasonable budget,
while being sensitive to the existing structure and surrounding community if any.
- Sell designs to clients, maintaining customer satisfaction and expectations with design/budget through design and construction.
- Responsible for all aspects of design, delivery, and selections:
o Design: site measurement, input as-found dimensions, space plan, verify zone and restrictions, prepare concept drawings, prepare design presentations, provide detail
construction/working drawings, design structural and interior details, manage design decisions.
o Construction: Order, prepare construction packages, ensure delivery of selections to job site at appropriate time, interact with sub-trades, provide construction support, liaise
with construction and client to ensure what was sold is being built.
o Administrative: collect, and manage company specific data, collect and manage job specific data, attend periodic site-visits for projects in construction, provide award
- Examine concept/schematic drawings for conformity and errors
- Oversee plan circulation to production team, trades, and suppliers
- Ensure drawing revisions and document filing/uploading in accordance with company standards.
- Provide support to the project team as it relates to organizing, preparing, and reviewing documentation and matters relating to residential construction packages
- Assist in creating specifications binders, electronic files, and interior finishing packages
- Keep all drawings and specifications up to date in Co-Construct and Google drive files
- Work cooperatively with sales to fulfill client requirements (design solutions and budget)
- Continue development of policies and procedures and manage approved design and selection templates and standards
- Update all information as requested by appropriate team members due to changes or modifications throughout the design and construction process
- Site visits/inspections for problem solving as needed
- Keep informed on new products and design trends
- Represent company and teammates at industry events
- Maintain company culture
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of fulltime, residential design work experience (both new custom homes and renovations) and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic who takes pride in the quality of their
- Ability to represent self and company in professional, knowledgeable manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit, highly organized, strong desire for customer service and strong leadership skills
- High level of proficiency in residential design on Revit /+ AutoCAD platforms
- Sound knowledge of the Alberta Building Code
- Solid computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Co-Construct, Outlook)
- Excellent listening and communication skills - written and verbal (you will regularly liaise with sales, design, production, and clients)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to revise work
- Knowledge of residential interior detailing
- Knowledge of energy efficient and environmental/green building practices
- Detail oriented, this is extremely important
- Excellent organizational skills
- A laugh now and then (we like to have fun!)
Send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org